Skip to main content
Board, Staff and Patron
New Voice Scholarships
Update Your Details
Seminars & Workshops
Sponsorship & Advertising
View All Events
Curiosity and Powerful Learning Program
Diagnostic Inventory of School Alignment (DISA)
Executive Leadership Program
Leading School Transformation Program
Managing Change and Transition Program
Building Your Leadership Capacity
Australian Educational Leader
Leading & Managing
Resources In Action
Book of the Week
Search All Products
Previous ACEL Awards
Skip breadcrumb navigation
10 Mindframes for Visible Learning: Teaching for Success
by John Hattie & Klaus Zierer
The original Visible Learning research concluded that one of the most important influencers of student achievement is how teachers think about learning and their own role.
In Ten Mindframes for Visible Learning, John Hattie and Klaus Zierer define the ten behaviors or mindframes that teachers need to adopt in order to maximize student success.
- thinking of and evaluating your impact on students’ learning;
- the importance of assessment and feedback for teachers;
- working collaboratively and the sense of community;
- the notion that learning needs to be challenging;
- engaging in dialogue and the correct balance between talking and listening;
- conveying the success criteria to learners;
- building positive relationships.
These powerful mindframes, which should underpin every action in schools, are founded on the principle that teachers are evaluators, change agents, learning experts, and seekers of feedback who are constantly engaged with dialogue and challenge.
This practical guide, which includes questionnaires, scenarios, checklists, and exercises, will show any school exactly how to implement Hattie’s mindframes to maximise success.
Discounted member price:
You could save
No products found