An Important Message from The Australian Council for Educational Leaders
As you are likely aware, information about Covid-19 is being updated rapidly and the global response has escalated significantly.
Accordingly, ACEL have decided to postpone all events and workshops that were currently scheduled between March and June 2020. New dates for each event will soon be announced and all current registrants will have their registration automatically moved to the new dates. Each registrant will also be contacted individually by ACEL with further direct information.
ACEL regret this reschedule and any impact caused to our valued education network in this unprecedented time. However, the health and safety of our delegates, staff and partners is our number one priority and we believe this to be in the best interest of all.
Please contact us on email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
Aasha Murthy, ACEL CEO
Dr. Quaglia is a pioneer in the field of education, known for his unwavering dedication to student voice and aspirations. His innovative work is evidenced by an extensive library of research-based publications and media appearances. He has authored the School Voice suite of surveys and best-selling books, including Student Voice: The Instrument of Change and Engagement by Design. Dr. Quaglia’s most recent award-winning publication is a children’s book, Cay and Adlee Find Their Voice, which was written with his daughter, Cali. His commitment and lifelong dedication to student voice led him to being a co-founder of the recently formed Australian Institute for Voice and Aspirations. Dr. Quaglia has become a frequent visitor to schools and institutions around the world, demonstrating his passion for ensuring that students, teachers, principals and parents’ voices are always heard, honoured, and acted upon.
Dr. Quaglia will present his groundbreaking work on the importance of voice and the impact it has on students’ academic motivation and aspirations. In this full-day session, educators will learn practical strategies to listen to, learn from, and lead with all students and school stakeholders.
Data gathered from half a million students will be shared, and participants will explore the implications the data has for how educators can impact students’ success. Dr. Quaglia’s fundamental belief is that we can and must learn from students if we are to ensure that all students are reaching their fullest academic, personal and social potential.
This session will focus on how to create the conditions that allow the voices of everyone invested in your school—including students, teachers, principals and parents — to flourish. Voice can bring coherence to the sometimes disparate efforts of schools striving to create an engaging learning environment. In order for schools to optimize engagement, the voices of all stakeholders must be honoured and acted upon.
Dr. Kristine Fox
Dr. Kristine Fox is a Senior Field Director at the Quaglia Institute for School Voice and Aspirations. She has led professional development initiatives at the state, district and school level throughout the United States, Canada, and England.
Dr. Fox is a former school administrator and author of several books, including Aspire High: Imagining Tomorrow’s School Today and Parent Voice: Being in Tune With Your Kids and Their School, as well as the ASCD quick reference guide Student Voice in the Classroom. Dr. Fox’s passion for learning and supporting educators includes advising doctoral students as a committee member.
This full-day session will address aspirations related themes, including:
- Understanding why student, teacher, principal and parent voice matters
- Recognizing the impact voice has on the personal, social and academic development of students and staff
- Increasing student voice and raising aspirations
- Creating the most engaging learning environment possible in order for voice to flourish
- Recognizing how trust, open communication, and collaboration are the critical foundation for fostering the most productive teaching and learning environment
- Learn and articulate a functional definition of voice that can be operationalised
- Reflect on ways to better understand, involve and inspire students through the construct of the Aspirations Framework
- Reflect on their own learning environments and consider conditions in their schools that promote Self-Worth, Engagement, and Purpose
- Leave with practical strategies, which can be applied immediately, to effectively listen, learn and lead with all students and school stakeholders
Full Registration: $495
Combine & Save (Full): $655
Receive a discount when you combine your registration with a new ACEL membership – normally $195.