THE VISION & VOICE OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP:
ACEL Prepares the stage for their most prominent & interactive national conference to date
Date: 2nd - 4th October 2019
Time: 8am – 5pm
488 George St
Sydney NSW 2000
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided.
Cost: (including GST)
$920 Full or $385 one day only
$1060 Full or $440 one day only
Combine and save: $1080 Full
$1,170.00 for Members
$1,300.00 for Non-Members
Educational leaders have the privilege of setting the moral purpose, expectations, culture, as well as learning and teaching practices within their organisations. They strive to develop future-focussed cultures, reflect on their practices, engage in professional development, and most importantly, influence student learning.
ACEL’s flagship National Conference will be held in Sydney from the 2nd to the 4th of October. The conference theme of ‘Vision and Voice – Setting the Learning Agenda’ provides the platform for international and national speakers to share their expertise, research and best practice in bringing these two key elements to life.
Effective leadership, collaborative engagement, accessing student and staff voice, and developing deep learning practices are some of the topics our renowned keynote and concurrent speakers will explore over the three days. These presentations will be complemented by panel discussions, student performances, book signings and several opportunities to network with professional colleagues from across the country and beyond.
The three-day premier conference will be held across three floors of the famed Sydney landmark “The Hilton Hotel” and feature an esteemed line-up of globally renowned international speakers including Prof Michael Fullan, Prof Alma Harris, Prof Douglas Fisher, Victoria Brownlee, Lee Watanabe-Crockett and for the first time in Australia, Dr Todd Whitaker. They will be joined by Australian system leaders Jenny Atta, Tony Cook PSM, Greg Whitby along with some of the country’s leading researchers Janet Clinton, John Halsey and Tania Aspland who will present their work as part of “The Australian Showcase”.
The conference will also feature a selection of interactive panels and symposiums featuring a number of experts from around the country. Added to the three-day agenda there will also be a literary spotlight with leading Australian authors’ sharing their stories on the exhibition stage as well as signing books, meeting with delegates. The new exhibition stage will feature product demonstrations, live interviews, special appearances, program spotlights and entertainment. In reference to the theme, the conference will also facilitate delegate interactivity over the three days via the use of technology, social media and research portals in all new firsts for the conference.
“This will centre on specific things that the best leaders do that others do not, and this is so essential because everything comes down to leadership, For example, when things go well, it is the leader; when things do not go so well it, is the leader. The session will centre on the specific things that separates the very best leaders from everyone else.”
Dr Todd Whitaker
A notable highlight will be the ACEL National Awards Ceremony in its 34th year which will be part of a special gala dinner presentation at the Hilton. National Award recipients will be recognised for their contributions and the 2019 New Voice Scholarship Class will introduced to the wider education community. The Gala Dinner is also a wonderful opportunity for delegates to network, connect with their colleagues and enjoy a great night of music and entertainment.
Join us in October to engage with and contribute to a powerful learning experience!
National Conference 2019 Registration includes
- 3 Day Conference Registration
- Branch Networking Events
- Access to Industry Exhibition Area
- Digital Mobile App Featuring Exclusive delegate information, specially prepared presenter documents and special offers
- Complimentary Conference Satchel
- Discount on National Awards Gala Dinner
- Keynote Presentation Slides, documents and handouts
- Exclusive Bookshop discounts including keynote and Australian author signings
- Complimentary Copy of The Australian Educational Leader Journal
Plus Much More
ACEL National Conference Platinum Registration Package
- Full 3 Day National Conference Registration PLUS BONUS:
- VIP Ticket to ACEL National Awards Gala Dinner – seated at VIP hosted table
- VIP Registration : Pre Registration Provided. Immediate access & front of line.
- Reserved Front of House Seating in Plenary for all Sessions
- Exclusive VIP Cocktail networking invitation Hosted by ACEL CEO & ACEL President
- Programs and Resources VIP Card for additional 15% off all conference purchases
- Bookshop VIP Card for additional 15% off all conference purchases
- VIP Discount of 30% on ACEL Membership or Membership Renewal
- VIP Resources Satchel : Including Bonus resources, keynote handouts and publications
Any current holders of standard registration can upgrade to Platinum at anytime for $250.00 by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org