How Students Learn –
Improving how students approach learning
Foundation Day Seminar
This day supports participants to identify what has the greatest impact on student achievement and develops capacity to understand the key messages of the Visible Learning research.
This research makes us stop and think about the vast amount we already do know and take stock about what really does make the difference to student learning. The seminar provides practical activities and take-away tools.
The Foundation Day is run by a Corwin Accredited Visible Learning Consultant. John Hattie will be presenting How Students Learn during Day 2 only.
- One: What is the Visible Learning research?
- Two: Visible Learners
- Three: Know thy Impact
- Four: Inspired and Passionate Teachers
- Five: Effective Feedback
- Six: Visible Learning Mindframes
By the end of the day, you will:
- Understand the key Visible Learning messages
- Be able to make links between these messages and what happens in your school.
By the end of the day, you:
- can articulate the key findings from the Visible Learning research
- can list some of the key characteristics of visible learners
- can identify ways to demonstrate the progress of your students
- can describe characteristics of inspired and passionate teachers
- can describe the role of feedback and its potential impact on learning
- can describe the mindframes which can have a major impact on student achievement
- have thought about the implications of what you have heard for your school